Our simple advice takes you through the three stages of your tanning treatment, helping you to make the most of your tan and feel truly irresistible all year round.
24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
- If this is your first spray tan, or you are prone to allergic reactions, we recommend having a patch test 48 hours before your treatment.
- Exfoliate, paying special attention to dry areas like knees, elbows and feet.
- Shave, wax or use depilatory cream to remove unwanted body hair.
- Moisturise well, we recommend Kissed by Mii Seriously Smoothing Moisturiser or Sienna X Radiance Body Balm.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR TAN
- Shower, but do no apply moisturisers or oils as these can act as a barrier to the tan.
- If you are not wearing nail polish, you may wish to apply a clear base coat to protect your nails. However, we will remove any excess spray tan from your nails with our tan removal wipes.
- If you do not wish to bare it all or use our disposables on the day, you are more than welcome to bring black underwear or a bikini to tan in, as well as dark, loose fitting cotton clothes and flip flops to wear after the treatment. Tight clothing may cause the tan to rub off before it develops fully.
- Bring an umbrella, just incase it rains.
YOUR THERAPIST WILL TALK YOU THROUGH YOUR TREATMENT, BUT HERE’S WHAT TO EXCEPT ON THE DAY
- Change into your underwear, bikini or disposable g-string and put on your robe.
- Remove jewellery and contact lenses,
- Remove deodorant, fragrance and make-up.
- Your therapist will apply moisturiser to your hands, feet, knees and any other dry areas and will ask you to step onto sticky feet to protect your feet from excess tanning.
- We will secure your hair away from your face in a protective turban.
- If you choose to have your face tanned, keep your eyes closed and hold your breath during this part of the treatment.
AFTER YOUR TAN
- Put on your robe.
- Wait a few minutes before getting dressed.
FOR 6 – 8 HOURS AFTER YOUR TAN
- Your tan will develop during this time. The longer you leave it on, the better the results.
- Avoid wearing tight or closed toe shoes.
- Avoid contact with water and activities that may cause sweating.
- Avoid carrying your handbag or shopping bag on arms or shoulders as the tan could rub off in these areas.
- If you plan to let your tan develop over night, cover bedding with dark sheets.
- The colour you see will continue to develop. This is the guide colour and will wash off to reveal your tan.
AFTER 6-8 HOURS
- Have a brief, cool shower (not a bath) using a gentle shower gel where necessary. Gently smooth over your body with your hands. The water will run brown as the guide colour washed off. Do not scrub or excoriate.
- Pat skin dry with a towel.
- Moisturise twice daily with an oil free moisturiser or gradual tanning cream. We recommend Kissed by Mii Seriously Smoothing Moisturiser or Sienna X Radiance Body Balm.
- 4 days after your tan, begin to exfoliate daily with Seriously Smoothing Exfoliator or Sienna X Polishing Body Scrub. This will help your tan to fade evenly.
- You can top up and enhance your tan with Kissed by Mii Effortlessly Easy Tanning Lotion or Sienna X Self Tan Lotion.
- For best results, avoid activities that cause excessive sweating and contact with chlorine throughout the tan’s lifecycle.
- Spray Tan dose not contain sun protection. Always apply a cream based, alcohol-free sunscreen when expressed to the sun.
NOTE: Some products, such as face masks, plasters, depilatory creams, anti-aging and acne treatments, can affect the result of your treatment.